Saturday 29 March 2014

I'm Going Down.....Unable to Yell Timber

It has been ages since I've posted...I'm the absolute worst, the worst, the worst in the world. But I have a valid excuse! Lo and behold, these last few weeks have found me in a rather peculiar predicament. I, Bridget Brennan, have actually had work to do.

What is this sorcery?!

I can honestly say that since I've started classes at University College Cork I have done minimal work...at least compared to work back home. Last semester at Wheaton was one of the more stressful semesters I have had yet. Having exams, lab reports or some kind of homework assignment due every week I would say going into Christmas break after fall semester, I was the definition of burnt out and the ability to escape it with Ireland was freeing.


But the time has come now for me to get my rear in gear and get down to business to defeat my assignments. That's probably why I decided to post now...I'M PROCRASTINATING. I have already written two essays, am currently writing one essay and have one more due. Let's not forget about exams in May! OH HAPPY DAY! It's really not all that bad, it's just been hard getting back into that 'schoolwork' mindset. Although I realize that I am in Ireland to study, junior year abroad has certainly been so much more for me. I have had the ability to travel in a foreign country and have come to love Ireland. But I digress.....

So writing all these essays has certainly left me re-evaluating my mental state. Frustration abound. 


And I have had every emotion and feeling whilst pouring my heart and soul onto my computer. Shall I describe to you all the stages I have been through these past few weeks? I think I shall......

First stage: DENIAL

Second stage: REALITY SETS IN

Followed by Third stage: PANIC

Fourth stage: HELPLESS PANIC
*HELP ME*

Fifth stage: CRYING

Fifth stage Part 2: CRYING SOME MORE

Fifth stage Part 3: ETERNAL CRYING

Sixth stage: TEMPER TANTRUM

Seventh stage: RE-EVALUATE CHILDISH BEHAVIOR

Eighth stage: GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

Ninth stage: TYPE FURIOUSLY

Tenth stage: DISTRACTION BY THE INTERNET

Eleventh stage: REALIZING THREE HOURS WERE WASTED ON FACEBOOK

Twelfth stage: READING THE CRAP THAT I HAVE WRITTEN

Thirteenth stage: TURNING DOWN SOCIAL EVENTS

Fourteenth stage: DREAMS OF DRINKING

Fifteenth stage: GIVING UP FOLLOWED BY EXCUSES

Shortly followed by Sixteenth stage: PURE ANGER

and Seventeenth stage: INSANITY

 Eighteenth stage: FINALIZING THE ESSAY

Nineteenth stage: ACTUALLY FEELING GOOD ABOUT ESSAY

Twentieth stage: SUBMITTING ESSAY

Almost always followed by sweet, SWEET JUBILATION

All in all I was quite 'Happy' to be rid of the damn assignments


^^^click this....you won't regret.....go on.....DO IT^^^

So that is what I have been doing with my life as of late. A cyclical, emotional and downright unreal state of being. Although I must confess, amongst the tears, the rage and the reading I have slipped and watched the ENTIRE three series of the BBC show "Sherlock". IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THIS SHOW YET, DROP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND WAAATTCCHHH ITTTT. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! 

^reason enough to watch^

As a sidebar though, even after I'm through with my essays, I still have to pack and mentally prepare myself for my trip to Portugal in early April as I will be studying ecology there for a week! *Insert heavy breathing*

Wish me luck and safe travels! 

Until the next post, 
~B


























No comments:

Post a Comment